The National Orthopaedic Hospital Cappagh is at the forefront of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal medicine, education and innovation. We bring together our consultant body’s skills, knowledge, and subspecialty proficiency to deliver cutting-edge treatments.
We serve the people of Ireland, providing a national orthopaedic service to treat congenital, acquired, and degenerative conditions. We care for paediatric and adult patients from all walks of life, providing a full range of orthopaedic services, including:
- Major joint replacement (ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and wrist)
- Upper and lower limb surgery (including foot and hand)
- Spinal surgery (including corrective surgery for Scoliosis)
Patient well-being is central to the Hospital’s strategy and operations. We are committed to improving access to care for people with orthopaedic conditions, alleviating pain, improving mobility and function, and restoring quality of life.
The Hospital is home to:
- Consultant Orthopaedic Services for Adult Patients
- Cappagh Kids Department of Paediatric Orthopaedic Medicine
- The Bone Tumour Centre (National Patient Referral Centre for Primary Bone & Soft Tissue Tumours and a Dedicated Orthopaedic Oncology Surgical Centre for the National Sarcoma Service)
- The National Bone Bank
- The Department of Sports & Exercise Medicine
- The Acute Rehabilitation Unit
- The Rheumatology Department
We set high educational standards for students, doctors, nurses and allied healthcare professionals, fostering a culture of curiosity and continuous learning. As educators, we ensure students receive the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver premium healthcare and drive positive change through research and innovation.
Address: National Orthopaedic Hospital Cappagh,
Cappagh Rd, Finglas, Dublin 11, D11 EV29
Main switchboard: (01) 814 0400
Google Map: https://bit.ly/2M3dTKU
Please consult the hospital website for visitor guidelines and restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.